1 small jicama (about 1 - 1/4 lbs.) peeled and julienned
1 large red bell pepper, cored and very thinly sliced
1/4 head red cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced
1/2 red onion, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced lengthwise
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoons red chile flakes
In a medium bowl toss all vegetables.
Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, minced cilantro, salt, pepper, sugar, chili powder and chile flakes in a small bowl; whisk until blended.
Add dressing to vegetables and toss everything together, let sit 15 minutes,stirring 2 to 3 times. Serve garnished with cilantro, if you like.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
Notes: Use a handheld slicer (like a mandoline or a Benriner) to make cutting the vegetables easier.
Vegetables can be put in a large resealable plastic bag, chilled and kept up to 2 days.
Dressing can be made ahead, chilled and kept up to 2 days.
- 1st and mandatory - Visit Jane Doiron @ Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms! and tell me one recipe that you would love to cook at home found on the Table Of Contents (click on cookbook on sidebar)
- Follow Heart N' Soul Cooking (with Google Friend Connect)
- Blog about this giveaway, with a link back to me.
- Follow the Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms blog
- Sign up for the Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms newsletter.
- Grab the Make Ahead meals for Busy Moms button, found on her blogs sidebar.