Followers

Monday, May 11, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY



I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I went to my oldest son's house and spent the day with all my family. We also celebrated one of my grand-daughters 1st communion. My mom, mother-in-law, my only sister Veronica and my daughter-in-laws mom were there. We had a big barbecue. I made a lemon cake with whipped cream frosting and lots of strawberries. For very family celebration I'm in charge of making a cake. I just wanted to share with you what I did for my Mother's Day and hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day filled with Heart n Soul and Lots of Love.

I use a 13x9 sheet cake pan. This is the only size I have, so I make two and put one in top of the other. The whipping cream frosting comes from one of the cake decorating store. It's call Hy-n-dry. It's a great product. I added 1/3 cup fresh lemon to this frosting, you can use any favor juice or vanilla. The lemon cake is just a box cake mix. The secret to a moist cake is to not over mix. I use a whisk and leave lumps. Bake it for the least amount of time that the direction call for. Always check the cake with a toothpick or knife to make sure it's done. Cool cakes before frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment