Followers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

SHRIMP STIR-FRY with NOODLES

3/4 pound (41 to 50 per lb ) frozen shelled, deveined shrimp
3/4 pound asparagus
8 to 9 ounces fresh linguine
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
1 cup chopped tomatoes
3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
about 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
salt and pepper

Place shrimp in a colander, rinse frequently with cold water until thawed. about 5 minutes. In a covered 5 to 6 quart nonstick pan over high heat, bring 2 - 1/2 to 3 quarts water to a boil.

Break off and discard tough stem ends from asparagus. Rinse asparagus and cut diagonally into 1 - 1/4 - inch lengths.

Add linguine and shrimp to boiling water, cook uncovered, until pasta is barely tender to bite and shrimp are opaque, but still moist-looking in center of thickest part, 2 to 3 minutes. Wash colander and pour pasta and shrimp into it, rinse with hot water and drain.

Rinse pan and return to heat heat. When dry, add oil, garlic and asparagus. Stir often until garlic begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, cilantro and 1/2 cup broth; bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.

Pour shrimp mixture into pan. Mix until pasta is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. For a moister dish, add 2 to 4 tablespoons broth. Pour into a wide bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Yield: Makes 3 servings

14 comments:

  1. This has all my favorite ingredients in it! Looks to die for!! I cannot wait to try it out. You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my daughters favorite dishes - with lots of Parmesan cheese, even though you aren't supposed to mix cheese with shrimp - we do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so pretty with the green asparagus and red tomatoes! My DH and DS would like it, I'm sure. I don't eat shrimp, but I imagine it would work with chicken, too. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious and I wish I had some tonight for our dinner. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Geri! this recipe sounds amazing! thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting on my recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving shrimp these days... wonderful post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Glad I found your blog. This would work well with my asian-themed meal that I prepared yesterday! Gotta love "take-out" type meals at home. :)
    http://alison.blogsome.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've ever used asparagus in stir fry. That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this sounds devine!! I love both shrimp and pasta :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds and looks like a great company dinner! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love yours and am following you as well! This dish looks delicious. I love a good stir fry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went out and bought all the ingredient for this recipe. Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me again!! I made this and it was incredible!! My kids wanted me to make it again this week!! I posted about it on my blog..giving all credit to you!! Hope that is all right!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My daughter shared this link to me because she likes me to cook this Shrimp Stir Fry with noodles. Seriously I didn't try this before so I'm nervous because It's my first time to cook this. So since my daughter requested this I will give my best. Anyways, thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete