Followers

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

" SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE SOUP "

1 can ( 14.5 oz ) fired roasted diced tomatoes
4 red potatoes , quartered
8 oz chorizo sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 large bell pepper or 2 anaheim peppers ( 1 cup )
1 stalk celery, thinly sliced ( 1/2 cup )
1/2 cup each of white wine and water
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika ( optional )
1/2 teaspoon teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1.4 teaspoon thyme
1 lb ( 30 to 40 ) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen

Place all ingredients except shrimp in a 3 qt or large slow cooker. Gently stir well combined and vegetables are covered in cooking liquid. Cover and cook on low 6 to 9 hours until vegetables are tender.

Turn heat to high. Add shrimp to slow cooker, pushing them down into soup. Cover and let cook on high for 15 minutes or until shrimp are just cooked through. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.

Serves: 4

8 comments:

  1. Hi Geri!
    I sure do like your blog. I have found some really good recipes here! I will try one soon and post about it and link back to you! I will let you know when I do this!

    Thanks for dropping by mine today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! It is starting to get colder here and this may just be one of those go to meals next week *my hubby will love it!*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making soup, and this one sounds yummy!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks so GOOD!! I LOVE shrimp.

    I noticed you are in Albuquerque. My parents retired to Rio Rancho a few years ago (my Mom was originally from Albuquerque). I have very fond memories of visiting my grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins, etc., every summer.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely soup. This one is perfect for the colder days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a hearty and delicious soup! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely making this. Shrimp is an all time fav and I love some sausage in it. I might just try chicken sausage though just for a healthier version. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete